Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Another Day, Another 'Thank You'


God,
thank You for giving me another day.
Let me face my troubles today
- the big and the small -
with a happy heart
filled with Your unending love.

Let me appreciate the moments of joy
You send me this day.
Let me see the cares of others
as an opportunity to bring
Your great compassion to those who most need it.

And God, I know that You see and know all things
- all of the world’s loveliness, and all of its harshness, too.
So on this day that You have given me,
I ask that I may bring Your joy with me
as I share myself with others.
And I pray that You will be warmed
by the happiness of Your children.

Finally, God, let me never forget
that in all things, in gladness or sorrow,
You who are all love and joy and hope
are always by my side.
Amen.

- prayer by St. Christopher

text source: http://www.turnbacktogod.com/category/prayers/page/33/

No comments:

Post a Comment